Saturday, April 25, 2009

Peter Spalthoff Announces Independent Bid For Milford Mayor


A few words from Peter:

I believe that I posses the skills of a good manager. I also know that I can and do relate to the senior citizen population in Milford because I am a senior citizen and I was fortunate enough to have sold my home before the taxes were raised high enough to force me to do so.

I can also relate to the trials and tribulations of our veterans. I have experienced what it is to be a returning war veteran from Vietnam. It was due to those experiences in Vietnam that I created the “Window of Honor” as well as the “Tie a Ribbon” campaign on the Green that was so well received by our community several years ago on Broad Street.

I know that I will make a difference in the management of this city. I am doing it out of love of the city, and no matter how silly that may sound, it is the truth. I do love this city and the people in it. It has always been and still is my desire to serve my neighbors and I know of no better way to serve them then by becoming the mayor of Milford.

I tell people that while I respect and sometimes envy those individuals who were born and raised in Milford. Unlike them I had a “choice” of living in Milford or one of the 168 other city or towns in the state. My wife and I chose Milford because we fell in love with the community and its people. As we chose Milford for our home we also decided to settle our business here as well and in doing so we felt a strong sense of community service and responded to that call in numerous ways. We have helped over 300 families in Milford obtain their homes here. Our company, Shoreline Mortgage, was also helpful and pledged financial support to help defray the costs of having the Simon Lake submarine returned to the city.

Although it’s often viewed as very political to make promises, I will make one none the less — I promise that I will run my campaign above board and will not take any personal shots at either of the other candidates. I will stick to issues.

If and when elected, my neighbors will be made aware of where I stand on all the issues affecting our community. From taxes to senior citizen issues to veteran issues to Eisenhower park issues to historical property issues and others that come across my desk, I will address each and every one before they become a problem. There will not be any surprises coming from the mayor’s office when I am elected.

I believe, and hope you all agree that we should be electing the individual to the office of mayor. Whether or not that individual is a Republican, Democrat, or Independent or any other group. We should vote for that person based on what she or he has to offer, what they stand for and not the party to which they belong. As a patriot, a senior citizen, a Vietnam veteran, a small business owner, a parent and grandparent, a deeply committed community activist, and an overall good guy; I am asking for your support and vote to become Milford’s next mayor.

Thank You

*******************************************

Peter Spalthoff
Employment History:
Police Officer in Trumbull
Vice President with People’s Bank for twenty years
Small business owner for sixteen years
Executive Director of a state wide trade organization for seventeen years and counting
Community Service, Past and Present:
Treasurer, President and now Chairman of the finance committee of the United Way
Director at Bridges
Director of the Milford Rotary
Director of the Milford Fine Arts
President of the DMBA
President of the Point Beach Association
Treasurer of the Woodruff YMCA
Treasurer of the Chamber of Commerce
Treasurer of the Caswell Cove Association
Chairman of the RTC for 5 years
Member of the Economic Development Commission
Member of the Harbor Commission
Founder Milford celebrates New Years Eve party

No comments: