Monday, October 8, 2007

Village of Devon Residents work Together.

For about a couple of months now I found, and have been visiting, a little website called www.villageofdevon.com. The site expressed community pride and organization of which I found to be impressive. There is nothing more admirable than people working to make a difference in Milford and the recent movie production really brought people out on the street with their cameras.

The Blog board featured pictures of Al Pachino, and other famous actors, Like Robert Dinaro. The Star Cafe will be featured on the big screen sometime soon. Hollywood in CT has been somewhat of a phenomenon, one I experienced personally when my store in Southport was leased for a day by the Leonardo Dicaprio cast to film Revolutionary Road.

This visit has really helped bring a spark back in the hearts and minds of Devon's citizens who have been writing a firestorm of blogs including suggestions to improve our towns overall appeal. I must confess that I have visited their blog board and have become an active supporter of it, especially after they honored me by placing my press release under their political agenda of which I hope will give the "Truth Movement" in Milford greater exposure.

The overall effect of the board was several phone calls to my office; We exchanged ideas and discussed the power of people to not be afraid to knock on a neighbor’s door or volunteer to work on public property. I even suggested the formation of a volunteer improvement committee to see donations from local charities like the Rotary Club or Kiwanis to assist in helping elderly or poor people who have homes in disrepair and are unable to afford the improvements.

Overall Devon has been gradually improving and its citizens should be commended for their efforts in taking pride in our town. When we care we get rewarded with safer neighborhoods improved commerce and appreciating real estate values.

My most sincere thank you to everyone who is working hard to make the improvements that are so clearly visible.

No comments: