Sunday, October 7, 2007

Mayor Richetelli Dropped by today.

The race for Mayor in Milford must be heating up, because Jim Richetelli and his entourage stopped by my home today. The mayor has been campaigning hard, I received three mailed advertisements from him in the last few weeks, and today a personal visit and a chance to to speak with him briefly.

Shortly after I announced my campaign a few weeks back I called Mayor Jim and spoke to his associate. My intention of the call was to discuss the issues here in Milford, and also register my views on issues regarding the state of CT; Since Jim Amman, my opponent, outright refused to meet with me, even after contacting both his local and state offices.

There is no chance that Mr. Amman did not receive my message, because he replied to a reporter at CT NewsJunkie that the reason he declined to meet with me was because he found my request "odd" and that in his opinion "opponents do not always meet." Once again today and for the second time I invited Mr. Richetelli to meet with me. It is my hope that after the election debacle wound down he will follow up. I also permitted the Mayor to place a campaign sign on my front lawn. We will give him time to follow up.

As an update to the events of my discussion today, and I must admit I was very vocal, I flat out told Mr. Richetelli that I object to Mr. Amman's current bonding pressure to run up debt in CT. I also told Mr. Richetelli that I find it amazing that Mr. Amann can find plenty of money to build a boardwalk, yet Milford has no money to assist the elderly, or any intent to help children. I communicated to our mayor that Milford having the largest boardwalk in CT is a disgrace and a misplaced priority. Milford should return that money to the now ailing SCHIP program to make sure Milford's children have proper medical attention.

Today was hardly the platform for a debate on such issues, and his staff was under pressure to get the Mayor moving door to door. One of his staff members seemed clueless about the boardwalk project of which I found odd. Apparently their energy is not in reading all the news at the moment.

My endorsement of our incumbent mayor is largely due to the fact that Kerry Rowland listed the following on her website as her credentials:

Kerri is a 1992 graduate of Boston College. Her accomplishments include:

BA English
BA Secondary Ed.
4 year Women’s Hockey
2 year Captain
AWCHA champions

Kerri’s work history includes:

· New Standard Institute,
Internet Marketing Manager (current)

· Head Coach Girl’s Hockey Notre Dame, Fairfield (current)

· Milford Rec. Dept.

· Milford ASA Umpire.

· Asst. Hockey Coach Sacred Heart University.

Its my belief that anybody, who has any experience hiring people, would find Rowlands qualifications as insufficient. In my opinion, to suggest a little league coach is capable of 80-100 Million a year in cash management decisions is irresponsible.

However, one issue I do agree with Rowland on, is that Jim could have done a better job in keeping our property taxes lower. But neither candidate is offering any security to the struggling elderly, and those near forclosure who fear our local government or bank will evict them. Some of the locals I know are afraid their property will be confiscated. They fear losing their land and/or home if they fall behind on their ever increasing taxes.

Many of these retirees are becoming victims of reverse mortgages, only to have the balance of their estates destroyed by CT's unfair inheritance tax. Should a person be fortunate enough to even have estate balances, will discover that attorneys pay all outstanding health and hefty medical expenses as a first priority.

Both candidates are a troubling choice for me as far as the issues go, but as far as the qualifications go, Kerry Rowland does not hold a candle to Richetelli. My opponent Jim Amman on the other hand thinks that her ridiculous credentials warrant his support. If Rowland wins the election it will be nothing short of having your kids little league coach in charge of 80+ Million Dollars a year. The Democrats ought to be ashamed of themselves for even nominating such a weak and risky candidate.

Rocco J. Frank Jr.

No comments: