Friday, July 25, 2008

Seriously Rocco Frank For The 118th! Over 1000 of you say Yes!

My Democratic opponents some time ago questioned the seriousness of my candidacy, until now I have yet to reply. However, with that in mind lets use the old saying that a "picture speaks a thousand words" and one thousand signatures is the milestone pasted on my wall back at our campaign headquarters.

While I understand from the town clerk that no one in the 118Th is aggressively pursuing signatures in the manner that our staff has, I will admit my disgruntled feelings that neither my Democratic or Republican opponent has to collect signatures. As I am told by my campaign advisers major parties are exempt from the signature process, even though the party I represent the Independent party is the largest party by affiliation and admission in Milford.

The photo above represents nearly 20% of the total 5,700 votes cast in the last election for our current popular representative Jim Amann. This, however is not the end of this process as we still have two more weeks of signature collecting ahead of us. The final tally will be confirmed by the Secretary of State in the coming months.

No comments: