Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Krazy City Makes Its Debut at the Milford Post Mall


Walking through the Post Mall some months ago I was one of the many curious onlookers into the row of spaces next to Sears that were under construction by some megalith. My Middle School aged stepdaughter, who was even more curious than I, later filled me in with the details.

The local kids at school were all talking about Krazy City the new Kids only spot aimed at entertaining our town youth within the confines of the mall. My feeling was one of excitement, as I now had a place to affordably leave my kids while I engaged in my typical hunter gatherer endeavors at the adult stores in the mall that she often decries as boring.

Last week I attended the new Krazy City with my youngest nephew who soon became as entranced with the Deal or No Deal game, as well as the adults who were with us. The place is absolutely enormous, with a roller coaster in the window, bumper cars to the rear an indoor Ultraviolet Golf Course and scores of games of all types and varieties.

Kids have the opportunity to win tickets that are redeemable for prizes, and when it comes time to take a break food is served in the adjacent cafeteria that bears a larger than life photographic mural of historic Baltimore.

There is one person expected to be disappointed with the new kids establishment and that is the longtime owners of Smiles on the Post Road in Milford whom after 20 plus years now have a formidable competitor of which to entertain the town kids who according to the new census are in decline in the coming years.

No comments: