Friday, June 27, 2008

My Dog Loves Eisenhower Park

Eisenhower park has to be the most pet friendly place in Milford, my dog a Yellow Lab puppy absolutely loves Eisenhower Park. There are plenty of open fields, streams, and trails and no shortage of free parking spots. The park is also set back from the main road enough where there is little concern over pets wandering into the street.

When I had gone online I also found some great websites where people can make pet dates. These are people who have dogs that get along and enjoy each others company, the website allows people to connect so that they can arrange times pets and their owners can meet. The website is: www.pawspot.com

The park is also full of fun athletic activities including a strip for Radio controlled Airplanes and Cars, paddle ball, golf, tennis courts, exercise courses, public gardens, and an outdoor theater with bleachers. The park also had a public swimming hole now closed, that still bears the memory of a sandy beach and a pavilion.

There is quite a bit to do for anyone who loves the outdoors, or just wants to bring their pet out for some fun social activities. One thing that I must reveal however, is that I have a father and a brother both of which whom are Veterinarians, my brother is not in Connecticut but my father has owned and operated the Westport Animal Hospital for the last 20 years. This experience, I must confess makes me guilty of really loving animals and motivates me to share my interest in fun pet stuff.

My new puppy Bella, like the dog above, was born last August, she loves to play fetch, go hiking, swim in streams and puddles and never misses an opportunity to show her love to anyone that is willing to give her attention.

No comments: