Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dow Plunges Again! Somebody Please Turn off My TV!

The stock market plunged again, this time over 300 points. Recession talk on Wall Street intensifies as a new breed of investors start looking to profit from the market going down.

Real Estate still remains weak, and inflation is "sky high." The local news today reminds us again that our city and schools are having a hard time keeping everyone happy. The state news is that a big LNG that no one wants is making progress, while in my mail my outrageous electric bill arrives.

On T.V. the Presidential primaries are anything but organized, with a different candidate winning in each state. Michigan, of course did not count as all the Democrats (except for Hillary) boycotted the ballot, and NH is still being recounted because the computers appeared as if they could not add properly. I was hoping to find a picture of a leaking dam with all of us running for cover but had no luck.

Suppose the right thing to do for our sanity is go about our lives, and make the best of things when we have a bad day.

To end my post today I will quote my 95 year old Italian Grandmother who said (Laughing) "Rocco stop thinking so hard if I was able to live through Hitler and WWII I am certain we can make it through this!."

Thank you grandma for that small bit of wisdom today.

No comments: